Saturday, January 24, 2015

Curated Treasury: "Brave: the Bend in the River"

Our featured Etsy treasuryfor today is curated by Yvette Pederson, from the Etsy shop YForYou, located in Sitka, AK.

Yvette is the owner, maker, designer, curator, and photographer of YForYou. Using the color inspirations of gemstone, silk and velvet, Yvette crafts gemstone wrap bracelets and friendship bracelets, silk applique and velvet pillows, gem topped hairpins, chain and bead necklaces, and unique earrings. YForYou also offers soy candles and rustic chalkboards — all created with you in mind.

"Color is usually what gets me inspired, and started on a project. Just looking at my collection of beads, or fabric, will draw my eye and imagination, and helps generate an idea. I love nature, and the world of color, and these alone fill me with continuous ideas for new projects."

Yvette has been a crafter for many years, creating everything from her children's clothes, quilts, and moccasins, to knitted items, velvet bags, and beadwork. Yvette has always been passionate about creating, and she brings that passion to YForYou.

"Creating comes from desire, necessity, and inspiration. Many, and most, items that I have created come from a desire to have something unique, and something that is 'me' — such as my wrap bracelets. There are hundreds on the market but I wanted one that wasn't out there, so I made one. I love pillows, but also wanted something different than what can be found in local stores. Everything in my shop is something that I love and want to have."

Here is just a small sampling of the items you will find when you visit Yvette at YForYou.

 

Please take the time to browse YForYou on Etsy.

We also encourage you to take the time to visit the shops of the artists featured in this treasury, explore the variety of their work, and learn more about them.

We hope you enjoy this treasury.

 


Etsy Treasuries have been an extraordinary opportunity to introduce us to new artists and shops.

We are pleased to be presenting just a small fraction of the fabulous Treasuries that have been curated by Etsy shop owners.

We encourage you to discover more Etsy Treasuries, and Etsy shops, on your own.

You can support Etsy shops online, all over the world, in your locality, or visit a shop, in person, at an event near you.




































3 comments:

  1. Luscious hues and a beautiful composition!!! Ellen and Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work. Really beautiful pieces here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful work.
    Love her shop!

    ReplyDelete